This virtual symposium and discussion(s) will address the major concerns and issues with machinery safety and machine guarding hazards and exposures in business and industry. Emphasis will be placed on using the B11 American National Standards as flagship documents to use in addressing machinery related hazards and exposures. The sessions and discussions with the expert panel gives attendees ample opportunity for questions and answers. This would apply to any OSH Professional (or OSH Stakeholder) working with machinery safety issues or machine guarding. Members claiming interest and experience with manufacturing, engineering, consulting, or affiliated responsibilities would be candidates to attend.
- To give successful forum presentations addressing cutting edge issues machinery safety with an emphasis on machine guarding across business and industry with an emphasis on using the B11 American National Standards as flagship documents to use in addressing machinery related hazards and exposures.
- Provide attendees with best practices and processes used by the panelists and speakers to move machinery safety and machine guarding safety programs forward in business and industry.
- Provide additional tangible skills and knowledge to attendees to assist them in moving their own machinery safety and machine guarding safety programs forward in business and industry.
- Provide background and information on how American National Standards are used in both the private and public sectors to move occupational safety and health forward.
Access to the live webcast.
Access to the recording of the session in your Learn@ASSE Dashboard!
Handouts from the session
Electronic Copies of the following Standards:
- ANSI B11.0-2015 Safety of Machinery; General Requirements & Risk Assessment
- ANSI B11.19-2010 Performance Requirements for Safeguarding
- ANSI B11.20-2017 Safety Requirements for Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- ANSI/ASSE Z244.1 - 2016 The Control of Hazardous Energy Lockout, Tagout and Alternative Methods
- ANSI/ASSE Z490.1-2016 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training
- ANSI/ASSE Z590.3-2011 (R2016) Prevention through Design Guidelines for Addressing Occupational Hazards and Risks in Design and Redesign Processes
- ASSE Member Price: $225
- Non-Member Price: $265
ASSE virtual events are designed to be viewed on most standard laptops and desktops. Many of our videos and on-demand products may also be viewed on tablets and mobile devices.
If you are viewing a live webcast, click here to test your system.
If you are signing up for a video or on-demand presentation, we suggest that you truly test your system by first registering for one of ASSE's free videos. A list of videos that are free to members can be found here.
If content isn't playing, you can try a couple of things. First, if you're viewing this at work, please check with your IT staff. Oftentimes, IT departments will "throttle" videos so that they play slowly or won't play at all. Usually, when they see that the video is being used for professional development, they can ease up on the security settings and let the video play.
Secondly, if you have the ability to login and view the videos on a different browser (like Chrome, Safari or Firefox) give that a try. We tend to see a lot of people who have problems when using Internet Explorer.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- We recommend a wired connection. While wi-fi may work just fine, a wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- Need Further Technical Assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com or call our Customer Support Team at 1- 800-274-9390