What do people in your company think about Safety? As boring, unexciting or even exhausting? Do they woodenly go through the Safety motions, rather than being vibrantly interested and stimulated? Do they basically see Safety is an unfortunate requirement, a pain in the posterior that’s mostly an obstacle to accomplishing their “real” work? Energy is essential for fueling highest-level Safety performance and culture throughout an organization. The right kind and sustained level of energy can propel momentum and actions to previously unforeseen heights (assuming – but going beyond - a base of policies and procedures, supportive structures, and consistent attention.) This webinar, based on over 3 decades working with larger, high-performance global companies, provides both practical strategies and methods for actually raising and sustaining Safety energy, enthusiasm, interest and engagement.
• Identifying 4 Safety energy “myths” to overcome
• Understanding 3 critical steps for Energizing Safety
• Seeing 10 signs of Organizational Safety Energy Sliding or Atrophying
• Assessing 10 Signs of Organizational Safety Energy Rising
• Planning for 7 practical strategies for energizing Safety receptivity and performance
Access to the live webcast.
Access to the recording of the session in your Learn@ASSE Dashboard!
Handouts from the session
- ASSE Member Price: $95
- Non-Member Price: $115
Managing Director, Strategic Safety Associates
Robert Pater is Managing Director of Strategic Safety Associates & creator of the MoveSMART® system for preventing strains and sprains, slips/trips/falls and hand injuries - implemented worldwide in over 60 countries. Their emphasis is on Energizing, Engaging Expertise designed to simultaneously elevate Safety performance, leadership, motivation and culture throughout an organization.
Clients worldwide include: ADT, Airgas, Alaska Airlines, Alaska Tanker Company, American Airlines, American Electric Power, Amtrak, ArcelorMittal, BMW, BP, Centerpoint Energy, Cummins, Domtar, Dynegy, FMI, Halliburton, Hawaiian Airlines, Hess Oil, Honda, Imerys, International Paper, Kinross, Layne Interliner, Marathon Oil, Meggitt, Michelin, MSC Industrial Supply, Nissan, ONE Gas, OrbitalATK, Pitney Bowes, Portland General Electric, Reyes Holdings, Rio Tinto, Sembawang Shipyard (Singapore), Textron, Therma-Tru, United Airlines, U.S. Steel, WestRock, and many others.
Robert writes 2 columns: monthly for "Occupational Health & Safety" magazine and bi-monthly for ASSE’s "Professional Safety" magazine. His articles have also appeared in Safety+Health, Industrial Safety & Hygiene News, Safe Workplace, Occupational Hazards, World Safety Journal, Compliance, The Self-Insurer, HRMagazine, Nation’s Business, and many others. He has written 47 articles published just in Professional Safety, as well as 7 others for ASSE practice specialty newsletters.
His leadership book, Leading From Within: Martial Arts Skills For Dynamic Business & Management, has been published in 5 languages. Industrial Safety & Hygiene News selected Robert as one of the "Power 101: Who Moves and Shakes the Safety World.” He has keynoted numerous international and corporate safety conferences.
This is Robert’s 32nd webinar for ASSE.
ASSE virtual events are designed to be viewed on most standard laptops and desktops. Many of our videos and on-demand products may also be viewed on tablets and mobile devices.
If you are viewing a live webcast, click here to test your system.
If you are signing up for a video or on-demand presentation, we suggest that you truly test your system by first registering for one of ASSE's free videos. A list of videos that are free to members can be found here.
If content isn't playing, you can try a couple of things. First, if you're viewing this at work, please check with your IT staff. Oftentimes, IT departments will "throttle" videos so that they play slowly or won't play at all. Usually, when they see that the video is being used for professional development, they can ease up on the security settings and let the video play.
Secondly, if you have the ability to login and view the videos on a different browser (like Chrome, Safari or Firefox) give that a try. We tend to see a lot of people who have problems when using Internet Explorer.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- We recommend a wired connection. While wi-fi may work just fine, a wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- Need Further Technical Assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Support Team at 1- 800-274-9390